Veggies have so many medicinal effects so I am always looking for ways to get more in my day. I wake up super hungry so a veggie omelette for breakfast is the best way for me to do it!
You can use any vegetables you love. I usually add mushrooms; however, below I share with you my simplest recipe.
If you are a hungry morning person like me, you can also add sprouted bread. I personally prefer Food for Life Ezikiel because it's made with grains and contains no flour or sugar AND easy to find at my local Trader Joe's.
- Chop onion, spinach, tomatoes & garlic. Saute in olive oil for 2 min.
- Beat 4 eggs (2 with yolk & 2 egg white)
- Add cooked vegetables to egg mixture.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. Add mixture.
- 4 eggs
- A small onion
- 1 cup organic spinach
- 1 small tomato
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive oil
- Goat Cheese
- In the first 30-seconds of cooking, use a spatula to create 6-10 small cuts through the omelette. This allows the uncooked egg on the top to flow down to the bottom of the pan.
- When top surface of eggs is thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, flip omelette over.
- Sprinkle a small quantity of goat cheese (or whatever cheese you prefer) and flip one half over the other.