This is by far one of my favorite recipes! We all know salmon is good for us, but what about other fish? I was pleasantly surprised when I found out scallops are loaded with B-12! You need B-12 primarily for red blood cell production, but it also gives you brain power, supports cell functions throughout your body and keeps your metabolism going. This one serving of scallops provides you with all of your daily B-12.
You can make this dish even tastier by using more butter than I recommend and you can go a little heavier on the breadcrumbs and pasta. For those of you who want to keep it healthy like me, I recommend olive oil instead of butter, lots of spinach (you can cook it in garlic for extra flavor) and go light on the pasta. And here's a tip for everyone- Use plenty of lemon. It has vitamin C and brings adds tons of flavor.
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Pour melted butter (or olive oil) into a casserole dish. Add scallops and coat them evenly.
3. Add ingredients 3-6, mix and coat scallops evenly.
4. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. Cook a small amount of Angel Hair Pasta per instructions on package and set aside.
6. Chop spinach into very small pieces, then cook in olive oil until wilted (optional- add garlic for extra flavor). Add salt & pepper.
7. Time to plate- First plate pasta, season with lemon. Then mix in spinach. Top with scallops and season with lemon again.
- 1 pound bay scallops, rinsed
- 2 tbsp melted butter (or olive oil)
- 1/2 cup seasoned or panko breadcrumbs
- 6 gloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (smoked) paprika
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Angel Hair Pasta
- Trader Joes Organics Fresh Spinach, chopped
- 1 Lemon