I'm calling this my Christmas Salad because I made this salad last night for my Christmas Eve Dinner and it was a hit!
Made from Arugula & Slaw, this salad contains lots of leafy greens. Arugula is known to contain phytochemicals which is believed to be beneficial in preventing cancer. It's also loaded with folic acid (helps your body produce and maintain new cells, and helps prevent changes to DNA that may lead to cancer) and antioxidants like Vitamin K, A & C.
I am a big fan of adding slaw to my salads, It's a great way to add more veggies AND it will make your salad look more colorful (a.k.a- appealing to eat!).
- Thinly slice apple
- Cut Mozzarella balls in half or quarters
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a bowl, top with pecans and season with salt, pepper and a touch of balsamic vinegar
- Slaw (I usually buy from Trader Joes)
- Fresh Mozzarella (I use Mozzarella balls)
- Sunflower Seeds
- Pecans (I use Roasted & Salted but any will do)
- Salt & Pepper
- Balsamic Vinegar